Saturday, May 3, 2014

Fermented Walnut Husks

I am loving spring.  I am spending time in the garden slowly reclaiming my space from the weeds. I'm not overwhelming myself and I am enjoying the process instead of getting discouraged.  I am not the girl I used to be.

I have been doing really well and feeling awesome.  My one year anniversary of getting out of the hospital was last weekend.  It feels so good to be happy.  I thought it would be a good idea to throw a huge dance party and go to Silverwood in one day.  Alas,  fate got that idea out of my head.  For the first time in forever, I got sick.  Hives,  cold-like symptoms,  sore throat, the works.  I'm probably being a lot more dramatic about it than I should be,  but after being diagnosed with lupus I get a lot more worried about being sick.

However, I've been downing the Emergen-C and getting lots of rest and I'm doing much better today.  I took a nap and felt energized.  Enough to make me do some chores I've been putting off, gesso a piece of cardboard and start the fermentation process of some Walnut husks.

In about three weeks I'll boil the fermented mixture and strain it to create a brown dye. I've onion skins to one batch to see the difference that makes. I'm excited to see how it works out.

1 comment:

  1. It was too cold for silverwood today anyway. Happy one year anniversary! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete